Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spring is in the air

Today was a get things done day. Most Saturdays we really try and keep it laid back but we've put some stuff off long enough!
Our van needed to be inspected. The tags went out in March. I refused to do it the same month and always try and get it done the following month. I figure I get a free month per year or one free inspection per 12 months. (?) Or something like that anyway. Please don't let me know if I'm wrong. Let me just blindly think I'm ahead of the game on that one ;)
So hubby ran that errand for me while I stayed home with the boys. Nice.
Between the wind, rain and cool weather we have manage to neglect the yard for a while but it was time to crank up the mower and other lawn tools and just get busy!
So the hubby and I teamed up while the boys where down for a nap and went to work on the yard.
I love doing yard work. I love how you can see the results quickly!
Something that God reminds me is not the case with being a mom :)
Anyway it looks great and is done until things grow out again.
I love spring almost as I love fall. But spring is too short here is Texas usually. It seems as soon as things are turning green they become yellow and dry from the hot Texas sun! Fall is the season I really like. Cool crisp air after hiding indoors for at least 2 months with the A/C.
Why do I live here anyway, if I don't like the heat? I suppose I'm still living off of my parents decision that was made 40 years ago! I'll probably live out my years and die here.

1 comment:

The Joys of having Boys said...

I do the same thing with my inspection. It makes sense to me.