Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Algebra skills aready?

Today math lesson was finding the unknown number. Bubby is now learning the beginnings of Algebra. I'm again amazed by how he grasps new unknown concepts. I admire his ability to learn and accept new things. As we age we gain a sense of "know it all" and close our minds to different ways of looking at things. I know that speaking for my self I buck up against change, always have. No matter if it's easier or harder I ALWAYS feel that it's harder when first starting out and hate it until I get into a routine again.
Enough about me, way to go Bubby! Good work.
We are now studying Language, Reading, Social Studies and Math. He is doing well.
T-Bone and I are working on colors, shapes and following directions. He too is doing well. I'm having a bugger of a time getting him to say the color red when I ask him what color is this but he can pick the correct color everything when I ask him "where is red?" He likes to call it green and it tends to drive me nuts. I'm not sure why he does this but I think I figured out a way around it. I ask him to find the color red, he then points to it and then I ask him what color it is and he then says it's red.
But at least I know that he enjoys it and I do try and keep it short and sweet so he doesn't get too burned out with it. Keep up the good work T-Bone!

No comments: