Thursday, October 15, 2009

2009 Fair Day!

Well this year we did some things different. One was that we used Home school tickets for free admission on Thursdays in hopes of saving some money. I don't think we will be doing that again. In the past we have always gone on coupon day. All rides are a fraction of what they normally cost. Can't say we saved much today. Although we had a great day (as always) we almost spent as much as when we went on our Cruise! OK well, almost.
After 4, 4 dollar corny dogs and three or four rides at 4 bucks a pop we where running low on cash.
Anyway, it's still worth it for us. We have made it a tradition and have for years. I have some super cool memories of going when I was my son's age and they are cherish.
The day was mostly cloudy without rain thank goodness since it's rained for like a month or two now! The weather was a bit on the chilly side and as usual I clothed everyone well but for me. I dressed a bit light but was SO grateful for my windbreaker.
We got there about 11 and stayed till 8 pm after the parade and a major pig out session at " Dollar Dogs"! Grabbed a bag of cotton candy and hit the rode back home.
Another super day at the State Fair of Texas! Thanks Big Tex for the corny dogs!

No comments: