Thursday, November 6, 2008

Beavers Bend State Park










Well we got back from our stay in a cabin in Beavers Bend State Park in Oklahoma last night. We had planned on staying for only two nights but ended up staying an extra night.
We have gone out there BC (before kids) and have always loved it. I think that we've been out there a total of 6-7 times. I still get awed by the sight of the forest. All the trees where changing colors and the leaves falling made it look like it was snowing! We hiked, fished, cooked hot dogs and marshmallows on the campfire, canoed. The boys were in full throttle the whole time we were there! T-Bone hiked with us like a trooper. They of course slept like a rock when the time came time to lie down. ")
We saw several deer in the park and they came surprising close to us. At night while daddy and I sat around the fire we could see the deer grazing in front of us while we listened to an owl call echoing through the forest. We did see two wolves. One was in the back of a pick up in a cage, it appeared to have been trapped and they were moving it to a more suitable home. The other I saw running in front of me at night no more than 30 feet away! That kinda freaked me out since the boys and Marty was out there with us. He/she didn't seem very interested in us at all and ran right past us. And we did see a few critters (raccoons, cats) trying to get a night time snack from the dumpster.
The highlight was the day we left. We all pack up for a great canoe ride along the river while Bubby did some fishing.
The weather was awesome the whole time. Mid 70's during the day and 50's at night.
Though I'm knee deep in smoke smelling clothes that need washed and three days behind in Bubby's home school, I have no regrets. ")

4 comments:

The Joys of having Boys said...

Those pics are just beautiful!! I am glad you all had a great time. I can't believe you were that close to the grasshopper in that one pic, not me! Those things hop wildly, you don't know what they will do.

4funboys said...

wow... that makes me want to go on vacation! great pix.

Stephanie said...

Glad ya'll had fun!

LBBlum said...

beautiful pictures! Looked like a great day!