Thursday, June 2, 2011

Great news

Got my 2nd recheck mammogram this morning. The report is good! Doctor's report was that no cancer was found and only dense breast tissue. I am very relieved and very tired. I got the letter say that they had found something on my mammogram that I had a couple of weeks ago. Got it on Saturday on a long Memorial weekend. Made an appt for the next Thursday as soon as I could. Said that there was two areas on my right breast that needed to be checked out with another mammogram and ultrasound. Dr didn't need to do the ultrasound after seeing the films. I've been a grump all week, trying not to worry but it's hard not too. It was a bit confusing. I got the very vague report that said that I needed to have some additional films done and that a copy of the report was sent to my Dr. I called Dr. Kampas and the nurse told me that Dr. Paula had recieved it and already signed it off. I asked what they meant. She said that the film stated that the mammogram on my right breast was "incomplete". So she told me that it was a technical issue and that it was nothing to worry about. But after seeing my films and talking with the Dr at the Breast Center it was NOT a redo and that there was two areas on my films that looked suspicious. Also they were late recieving a Drs order from Dr Kampas's office and I had to wait until their office opened today. Honest, it stinks not trusting anyone with you health. Really makes you rely on God even more since it's all about money now. Sad.
Not sure now what I'm going to do in the future with getting screened for breast cancer. After looking into it, it seems that radiation is not good, Duh. It's about 2 percent increase risk per mammogram. That a 20% increase risk of breast cancer over a 10 year period. That's not sitting well with me. I mean you are using something that is known to cause cancer to diagnose it? We also use it to treat it as well. Something is wrong with this picture. I purposely waited three years to get another mammogram because of that concern. And ended up getting 4 more views to recheck to see if anything was there from the first views! Not sure what I am going to do in the future. I really don't want to end this on a bad note. I'm glad that today's news was good. Thank you Lord.

No comments: