Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day 2009

Well today begun with watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade and the boys eating oatmeal while Daddy slept in.
I had already made the deviled eggs, stuffing (dressing since we didn't have a turkey) pumpkin pie, and a pecan pie made from our pecan tree out front.
After Daddy got up I started making the sweet potato casserole, mash potatoes and heating up the ham. We decided we would eat lunch instead of dinner. Every thing was yummy. Bubby served himself about a half a can of jellied cranberries and three yeast rolls. I did manage to make him eat two bites of ham too. Honest how does he live on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?
T-Bone dug into the ham and rolls. He wasn't too big on the stuffing and any of the potatoes. And of course he loved the eggs.
They all pigged out of the chocolate pie that I defrosted the day before while I went next door to visit with my friend for a bit. It's favorite with the boys around here. I did enjoy the pecan pie with our very own pecans on it. Yum.
We went out later on to try and catch some good light for our traditional Christmas card picture. Didn't do so hot. The boys were tired and couldn't get any good shots. Oh well we'll try again later.
Later after watching the Cowboys play Bubby and Daddy went out front and through the ball around. It was a nice sight too see.
All in all we had a nice day.
Tomorrow we will be putting up the Christmas decorations like we ussally do the day after Thanksgiving.
Being filled with food I think we will all sleep well tonight. ")

No comments: